Saturday, February 9, 2013

why is the UK version of yahoo home page defaulting to mobile in Linux versions of chrome?

Q. I'm using Ubuntu both i386 and 64bit and the latest version of chrome downloaded from Google its happening on several machines I'm using. Is there some kind of global account setting that would do this?

A. Does it happen when you are logged out or only when logged in?

Have you tried clearing your cache?

If it happens only when you login, it is an account setting.

If it goes away after clearing your cache, you may have visited a link to the mobile site and a cookie got set for it.

If it is happening when you are logged out and you have cleared your cache, it is probably related to your user agent.

You could use the following command to change your user agent to that of an IE9 browser:

google-chrome --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0)"

If this fixes it, which it should, you would want to check your current user-agent and see if there is anything weird about it. Changing your user agent should only be a temporary solution, it can cause problems long term.

How to make a terminal executable file?
Q. If I wanted to run a command on either Mac or Linux by the click of a button (opening a file), what would I do? I'm looking for a Mac/Linux version of a .bat file.

A. Linux has shell scripts which are typically written in SH files. Since Macintosh and Linux are both based on Unix, I suppose Macintosh probably has exactly the same thing.

How do I run a web browser from linux command line?
Q. I an VERY new to linux. I have installed Fedora 5 in text mode. I have a Linux book and am trying to slowly learn linux. So from the console, or command line, how do I run a web browser. Also how do I run the X Windows System?

A. If you installed in text mode, maybe you didn't install X. You probably have a text mode browser. Try lynx or elinks. If the startx command doesn't work, try "yum install x-window-system". By the way, Fedora 5 is old. The current version of Fedora is 9.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment