Friday, February 22, 2013

Which wireless NIC is the best for Backtrack Linux 5?

Q. because it is said that some NIC do not support promiscuous mode. Bu the way is Backtrack Linux suitable for a desktop computer. And can backtrack linux be setup as a server for web hosting?

Sorry if my questions sound stupid.

A. None heard of so far.

How do I install applications on Backtrack 2 Linux Distribution?
Q. Hi,

I just installed the Backtrack 2 Linux distribution and I am very newbiew at everything with Linux. So say i wanted to install the Pidgin instant message source. The file name is pidgin-2.2.2.tar.bz2. What exactly would i type in to unpack that file and then install it? And I am also interested in installing Wine. Could someone walk me through that as well?

A. http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7180
Try reading here. This distribution is based on slackware Linux and it CAN be difficult for beginners. If I were to recommend a distr for a "newbie" it'd be PCLinuxOS or Freespire. they're TRULY "newbie-friendly" distros.
Hope you have MANY years of fun and learning Linux!
M

Is installing backtrack effect bios of my system?
Q. someone told me if i install backtrack linux,then i won't be able to install window 7 later i.e it change my all bios settings and i won't recover it later
Is it right or not please tell me soon.

A. It is wrong in that it does not touch your BIOS settings or do anything specifically to disable installing Windows 7. It is somewhat more difficult, but still possible, to install Windows 7 afterward. However, if you have both, you should install Windows 7 first for the easiest dual-boot setup.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment