Saturday, February 2, 2013

Which is the smallest Linux distro which can read ntfs partitions?

Q. I need to recover some files from my windows installation using a linux live cd. I have some imp documents in c: which i need to copy into a pen drive. Which will be the most suitable linux for this purpose?

A. You could use Puppy linux.
You could also use a Windows "live cd" such as Bart's PE.

Can I install the grub bootloader onto my laptop from ubuntu live cd without an installation of linux?
Q. Can I install the GRUB Bootloader from an Ubuntu Linux Live CD without already having Linux installed or having to install Linux?

If not, is there a way to install just the Windows Bootloader from a disk or another bootloader from a disk to my laptop?

(Its because i deleted my ubuntu install which had GRUB and now when i turn it on it just comes up with "Error 17" in grub)

A. If you don't have a linux os on your computer it may not help to install grub.
You can install the windows bootloader.
You did not say if you are using xp or vista.
The first 2 links are for xp the last link is for vista.
Good luck

Can you help with an Ubuntu Live CD monitor resolution problem?
Q. My Windows has failed me for the moment, and so I'm working off of a Ubuntu Linux Live CD. It's great and all, but for some reason I can't get the system to run at any resolution higher than 800x600 at 61Hz (mine is a standard monitor designed for 1280x1024). Any ideas why? Better still, any ideas of how I can fix it?

A. Every Ubuntu LiveCD I've ran has allowed my to change the screen resolution. The only possible problem I can think of is if there's a compatibility issue between Ubuntu and that monitor model. If you have one handy, try a different monitor.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment