Monday, February 18, 2013

whats the point of booting linux as a live disto if you cant save?

Q. ive been reading about multiboot and i was wondering, whats the point of loading linux as a live usb if you cant save your stuff?

A. Using the built in linux features. I use it for many different things from hard drive recovery, file access behind a password locked windows, and quite a few networking things.

is it okay to install an OS onto a usb flash drive?
Q. I am planning to install Ubuntu linux onto a flash drive, but I heard that flash drives have a limited number of read/write cycles?
Oh, and it is not a standard installation. I am creating a persistent live usb of ubuntu 8.10, not a "real" install. Will I have any problems with my flash drive failing?

A. It seems really weird installing an OS onto a USB flash drive. Nor do I see how it works. Would it even have the correct amount of memory space?
I'd just buy another hard drive. A little portable one ^-^ Because all the memory you'll be using on that OS will just probably try and use up more space on the flash drive. Where as on the hard drive its more better to use and you have plenty of memory and not forgetting Hard Drives are made for an OS not really USB flash drives.

Can you use PHP and Mysql with a Linux Live CD?
Q. If you come back to Windows will all your PHP & Mysql settings gone? Do you have to reinstall everything again if you decide to use a second time the Linux Live CD?? I don't want to install Linux permanently o0n my sustem but I would like to work with the Lice CD without losing my work & setings. Is it possible?

A. Linux LiveCD's are run within the RAM of your PC so you cannot save you settings between LIVE sessions.

One possibility is having Ubuntu installed on a USB Pendrive


Ubuntu Live USB Pendrive Persistent
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent

LUg.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment