Saturday, February 9, 2013

What wireless internet cards work right out of the box for the linux ubuntu operating system, i need to buy on

Q. What wireless internet cards work right out of the box for the linux ubuntu operating system, i need to buy one but I have no clue about any of the linux command lines or anything. I also have a zyxel g router

A. I have a Dell desktop with a LinkSys WMP54GS wireless card. After installing Ubuntu the wireless card was automatically recognized.

How do I reset the numbers on Linux command line prompt?
Q. how do I reset the numbers on the command line prompt:

hostname[1000]%

I noticed when I log in it always starts at 1000 and counts up til I logout and login again. When I login again it still starts at 1000. How do I reset this number? I thought it was the history command, but learned it wasn't.

A. You need to set the prompt variables in your profile file or in the .bash_rc file.

Do a search on "linux .profile" (note the dot in front of "profile"). Look for ways to set the PS1 and PS2 prompts.

How can I safe a javascript generated page to an html file from a linux command line?
Q. Hi,
I have a javascript/ajax page that I'd like to save as the generated html to a file. URL
http://www.neaveru.com/digg/stats/kevinrose/max_comments/0/days/14

Is there a way to do that? I haven't found any firefox command-line like that.
Thanks!
safe?? save! ;)
sorry, I want to run this in a cron... so I can't click ;)

A. from FF & a cron, no way.

there might be some lynx variant or other 'get' tool that does JavaScript.

http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+JavaScript+command+line


you could capture the data that the ajax gets, and save that to a file... but not the graph.

is it your site? a little cgi program instead would be able to capture the graph.

I could do it in Safari on a mac with applescript!



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment