Saturday, February 9, 2013

What knowledge do I need to use backtrack 5?

Q. What do I need to know on order to properly use BackTrack 5? Linux Shell Scripts? Computer Hardware? etc. Pls help thnx! :)

A. If you have used any other linux os your fine.. otherwise best way to learn how to use it is to play around with it.. have fun :)

BackTrack Linux Not Reading Files in Mounted Drive?
Q. I am running BackTrack R2. I recently bought a 1TB Western Digital Passport External Portable HDD. I copied all my stuff into it. It worked fine for 2-3 days.

Now when i connect it to my Laptop, it opens the explorer showing only one folder "System Volume Information". I checked the properties; it still shows that only 500 GB(approx) is free. In terminal, the "ls" command shows that all my files are there. I already tried CTRL-H in the explorer, so hidden files is not an issue. I connected the HDD to a Windows Box and i am able to see all my files properly.

What should i do (besides switching to Windows?? Thanking in Anticipation.

A. Hi
Try this
http://help.artaro.eu/index.php/data-recovery/recover-files-from-hard-disk.html#.UIVFfunDmCA
Backtrack is to advanced for a new linux user.
I think I have answered you before

How do you install Backtrack 3 to a hard drive without wiping the data?
Q. I have Windows Vista and Ubuntu already as boot options and I want to add Backtrack 3 as another boot option. I already have the iso downloaded. I've searched around but all the tutorials I have read don't tell me how to boot into the 3rd option (VESA/KDE) or their instructions would wipe my hard drive.Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A. hmmm.... try to install it under a new partition behind windows using windows free space.

2. sometimes grub acts bad and don't want to let you run windows after this so to fix this problem run ubuntu live cd and follow this tutorial. it should fix. the problem with your grub menu list. here is a video on how to do it the grub fix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtBBl6HvdpM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FNixiePixel&feature=player_profilepage

3. this should work remember to rate. i would like to know if it works still it work for me in the past with fedora, win, ubuntu. note:::::

The best way to install any three OS would be Windows first, some linux distro, then ubuntu. (they do a great job grub)

4. if your scared to do it this way try a virtual machine

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/ you can run it inside of windows.

Good luck remember to rate.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment