Monday, February 11, 2013

what is your insight about Linux file system?

Q. what can you say about linux file system compared to windows'?

A. You should say Linux Filesystem because there isn't a official one
The most common filesystems are ext2 (older), reiserfs(old), ext3(latest)
If you are refering to the directory structure the way Linux stores files then you can compare them
In Windows the root directory is C:\
In UNIX/Linux the root directory is \
In Windows the storage component are devices and accessible to a directory structure
In UNIX to open storage device you have to mount them to a destination before opening them
In terms of fragmentation it is lower because ext3 does not write to disk immediately but throws the data into journal back up
Then calculate the most optimal allocation before writing to final destination

How do I operate Linux Multi media studio?
Q. I can do simple things with it already, and I have a midi set up with my keyboard. I want to make techno as good a quality as Dj tiesto, or Dj splash. Or even Darren Styles :P . I cannot for the life of me figure out how the effects and the automation thing works. I tried looking at the users manual on wiki but I need something more in layman's terms. Can anyone help?

A. Try looking through this article : http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/introducing-lmms-linux-multimedia-studio?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+linuxjournalcom+%28Linux+Journal+-+The+Original+Magazine+of+the+Linux+Community%29

8.0 surround sound mentioned from Linux Journal?
Q. Awhile back, Linux Journal had an article about 8.0 surround sound drivers made by a group that used a normal 7.1 surround system. Basically subwoofer was replaced with another speaker, and the 8 speakers are positioned in the 8 corners of a room (4 touching ceiling, 4 touching floor), and supposedly it gives the most realistic surround sound ever. However, I can't find further drivers or information, and I'm having issues locating that issue of Linux journal. Help?

A. I think this is the article you're looking for: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8277



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment