Wednesday, February 6, 2013

what is the best program for netcafe control?

Q. I want a program that works via network (optional) and that is based on a username & password system and that ends your session after the allocated time period specified. I want it to have 2 or more types of accounts, one for games and one for internet, each with its own fee.

A. Here's a great article on turnkey Linux net cafe distributions:

http://www.joachim-breitner.de/blog/archives/193-Turnkey-Linux-for-Internet-Cafes.html

I went to sitepoint and checked out on some turnkey sites being sold. How do I go about buying a website?
Q. I mean, how do I know the website I purchased is already under my name, account? What about the domain, hosting, website - what information does the previous owner have to give me as proof that I am the new owner of the website? Do I need to sign anything, of fill up any form? Please help...

A. If it is a turnkey site, then all the seller should do is to push the account into your name / login at a domain registrar such as Godaddy, this will be done by arrangement. Once the domain name is in your account, you should be able to see it in your registrar account. You should also be able to see your details on the whois records (e.g. http://www.allwhois.com). If hosting is done with the same registrar, then there is nothing to it, as the domain and hosting will be pushed to your login. If the hosting is on a separate account, the seller should give you all the necessary files or install it for you. There should be some details on the type of hosting the turnkey site is running on, such as Windows or Apache/Linux.

What is the best and easiest-to-manage Linux OS / POP / SMTP server for a novice Linux administrator?
Q. I am a novice Linux server admin (I can us SSH, vi, cron, and understand config files), but I am willing to learn. However, I do not have hundreds of hours to research and learn all the ins-and-outs of Linux. I need something fairly turnkey:

What is the best server software that will do all or most of the following:
- POP3 server
- SMTP server
- Webmail server (with good standard features, like WYSIWYG editor, attachments, etc.)
- Web-based end-user configuration tools
- Anti-virus
- Anti-spam (blacklists and whitelists & RBL support required, spam filtering logic a plus)
- Authentication data stored in a database for easy management.
- POP-before-SMTP authentication

Similarly, I need to pick the best Linux OS to run this puppy on. I would like an OS with a wizard install, and one with adequate security for a publicly accessible server.

Last of all, it would be great if all of the above would be freely available for commercial use.

Thanks for your help!

A. There is a fantastic tutorial on qmail at the links below. qmail is very secure and is widely used. Many developers have ported it to the application extensions you want to use, like WebMail, anti-virus and anti-spam.

This should at least get you started.

Good luck.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment