Thursday, February 7, 2013

What are the requirements to distribute a linux live iso?

Q. I want to create a custom linux iso with a few of my personally developed applications and distribute it online. I know Linux is open source, but does this mean I can legally sell the ISO? Are some distros better suited for this than others?

A. Some distros are better suited. Some already have live-cd systems prebuilt, you simply add applications. Ubuntu, Slax, and Gentoo are common live distros.

You can sell the ISO, as long as you don't violate any licenses. Most licenses are GPLs, Creative Commons, or BSDs. You have to comply with the terms of each license, including distribution and availability of source code.

How do I make a bootable LINUX flash drive?
Q. I have downloaded a bootable linux iso. How do i put it on my flash drive?

A. The definitive site is http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ that's all it's about, putting various distros of Linux on flash drives.

What do i burn as an iso For yellow dog linux?
Q. I downloaded yellow dog linux iso and it is a compressed .rar file. Inside this there is a folder called Yellowdog it contains 3.6 gb of the overall 3.66gb. to burn this do i just drag this folder onto my disk drive when i have a dvd inside?

A. Ok to open the file you need something like ultra iso or magic iso, or just google search something which can burn iso and open them.
Once you get your program, open it, add your file and burn on to cd/dvd.

Very easy

PS. If you use torrents just download ultra iso or magic iso of a torrent website....
Hope this helps..



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment