Friday, February 8, 2013

To learn linux what distro should I use?

Q. I want to become a Mysql DBA therefore I need to learn linux. What distro should i use between: Mandriva 8. Fedora 8 and Unbutu 7.2?
Also I might use a wireless so I don't want any issue and spending days configuring that. I need a user friendly distro to handle my wireless connection & mysql/PHP duties.

A. Considering you will be spending the bulk of your time messing with mysql itself and your linux viewpoint will mostly be a shell command line and an editor, it probably doesn't matter all that much.

Consider that corps almost always play it safe. That means they go with something that provides support. In the US that primarily means Redhat,, Suse, or Ubuntu. Possibly Fedora or Centos.

Check around to see if you wireless card is support. If not, get one that is. Its not like they are a big expense these days.

If I learn Linux for 6 months can I get an entry level job?
Q. I am planning to learn Linux for 6 months ( about 3H per day). Will I be ab;le to find a job as entry level easly or not? If not what should I learn to make it happen ? Thx.

A. "Learning Linux" does not get you a job. If it did, I wouldn't be unemployed. You need to learn more than just how to use various GUIs or a couple bash commands. You need to learn stuff like administrating a web server, secure networking, etc... I've been using Linux a solid year and haven't mastered those yet. You will not learn it in six months only spending a little time on it.

What version do I have to start learning linux?
Q. Which version do I have to start learning linux? What version is commonly used in the enterprise? Do all Linux versions have the same command? What is the difference between the versions of linux?

A. Any. All.

Redhat, Debian, and Ubuntu are common in enterprises. CentoOS is a free version of Redhat.

distrowatch.org.


...



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment