Thursday, February 7, 2013

Please suggest me a software that i can install in windows XP inorder to learn LINUX commands?

Q. I want to learn linux commands on windows platform (without the requirement of linux OS). I had a software but i forgot the name, can please help getting that similar kind of functionality.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions and Hints.

A. If you want native solution, then Cygwin is the best. It allows you to configure and install only those applications that you want.

Can I get a job if I learn linux for 6 months?
Q. I am planning to learn Linux for 6 months ( about 3H per day). Will I be ab;le to find a job as entry level easly or not? If not what should I learn to make it happen ? Thx.

A. You should be able to if they are hiring. Kind of toiugh in the job market now but things should get better in a couple months.

To learn linux what distro should I use?
Q. I want to become a Mysql DBA therefore I need to learn linux. What distro should i use between: Mandriva 8. Fedora 8 and Unbutu 7.2?
Also I might use a wireless so I don't want any issue and spending days configuring that. I need a user friendly distro to handle my wireless connection & mysql/PHP duties.

A. Considering you will be spending the bulk of your time messing with mysql itself and your linux viewpoint will mostly be a shell command line and an editor, it probably doesn't matter all that much.

Consider that corps almost always play it safe. That means they go with something that provides support. In the US that primarily means Redhat,, Suse, or Ubuntu. Possibly Fedora or Centos.

Check around to see if you wireless card is support. If not, get one that is. Its not like they are a big expense these days.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment