Saturday, February 2, 2013

Linux Firewalls that can connect to a domain?

Q. Hi all (again)

Anybody know of a linux based firewall that has the ability to connect to an active directory domain controller to authenticate users?

I have a Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Domain controller...

Anybody know of a firewall that can do this

PS: Can't afford Smoothwall!

A. First question, why would a firewall (network device) need to authenticate against AD?
If trying to control users in the Firewall with AD , try maybe Radius. There are a few free versions out there.

PS Smoothwall is "free", as most Linux firewalls. What may not be free is add-ons or support...

How can I protect other machines on my Lan using virtual firewall appliance ?
Q. If I have a Windows machine with a virtual linux based firewall appliance inside of it, I know how to protect the host machine with the firewall. How do I protect the other machines on the LAN using the virtual appliance ? Would I only have to set the "Gateway" setting of the other machines to the address of the virtual machine ?

A. Yes, and set their firewalls to block anything not comming from the appliance.

How to configure windows firewall?
Q. How to configure windows firewall. How to close some ports and lock some IP address. I know in linux firewall.

A. use comodo firewall. and no worrys
f



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment