Saturday, February 2, 2013

Is there a way to reset the stats for the Linux command df?

Q. For a while now whenever I use the command df in Linux it shows that one of my partitions is full but if I use the du -ac command it shows that I am using only 4.2 of 7.8 Gigs of storage. Is there a way to reset the stats for the Linux command df?

A. Df and du do not measure the same exact things. You can google for: df VS du and see a lot of explanations.

Please suggest me a software that i can install in windows XP inorder to learn LINUX commands?
Q. I want to learn linux commands on windows platform (without the requirement of linux OS). I had a software but i forgot the name, can please help getting that similar kind of functionality.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions and Hints.

A. If you want native solution, then Cygwin is the best. It allows you to configure and install only those applications that you want.

How to save file to desktop using Linux commands.?
Q. I am a beginner to Linux commands. I use SSH to connect to a Linux server. What command can I use to save a text file on the server to my desktop? Example?

A. From your desktop, fire up a terminal, or use Cygwin if you're under Windows (make sure you have installed the openssh packages) :

scp <your_user_name>@<server_name>:<path to remote file> <path to local dir/file>

Enter your password, and you're done :)



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment