Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Is it possible to download Linux with a CD?

Q. I have an extremely old Windows laptop that can't go on the internet (it's modem doesn't work). I want to download Linux on it in order to see how the operating system works.

Is it possible to upload Linux to a CD and download it that way? If so, can someone tell me how?

A. Download an ISO image distribution and install it on a CD. Many distributions come with a live CD package that allows you to run the Linux OS from the CD drive without messing with your Windows installation. You might want to try an older version of Linux if the notebook is not up to speed. SimplyMEPIS (MEPIS.org) is a good combination of software that includes apps OpenOffice and stuff. I would download one of the older distributions like 7.0 or 6.5 for an older PC.

Can I download Linux on My PS3 with an external hard drive?
Q. I want to download linux but i hear you need a flash drive and have to partition your internal drive. All i have is a 500gig external drive and 40gig internal. Can I make it work? I really dont want to spend more money on a flash drive if this can be done.

A. You can only run Linux on the internal hard drive. The PS3 can't boot Linux from an external device.

I'm sure you can save the Linux files onto the external hard drive and install them from there to the internal hard drive. You'll need to create a partition on the internal hard drive. I think its 10-12 GB.

How to download Linux with a blocker on...?
Q. I have a built-in internet explorer blocker on, and i want to download Linux. (Don't ask) Bable fish doesn't solve the problem. Is there a way someone can post a link or something so that I don't have to go to the website? Thanks! (Any kind of linux will work. I am just a normal person, with normal needs. I will provide more information if you need more information. I don't exactly know that much about linux.)

A. 1. You could ask someone to download and burn it to a cd for your.

2. You could go to the website below and request a disk be mailed to you. Some are free and some have a fee.
Good luck



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment