Thursday, February 7, 2013

Is installing backtrack effect bios of my system?

Q. someone told me if i install backtrack linux,then i won't be able to install window 7 later i.e it change my all bios settings and i won't recover it later
Is it right or not please tell me soon.

A. It is wrong in that it does not touch your BIOS settings or do anything specifically to disable installing Windows 7. It is somewhat more difficult, but still possible, to install Windows 7 afterward. However, if you have both, you should install Windows 7 first for the easiest dual-boot setup.

Second function key doesnt work on Backtrack 5 R2 Linux?
Q. I am using a sony vaio laptop, Y series VPCYB35AG. To adjust the brightens and volume. However this doesnt work on Backtrack linux 5 R2. So i think it is a driver that is missing. If so, where can i find one?

Also how does Kmix work, how do i play music with it?
If not what is the problem then?

A. 1. The controls for backlights vary . For most systems, you can try adding

Option "RegistryDwords" "EnableBrightnessControl=1"

to the Device section of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (create it if it doesn't exist).

2. KMix only controls the volume. It doesn't play music. Install / use a media player such as Amarok or Rhythmbox.

How do I boot Backtrack with VMware?
Q. I've downloaded Backtrack Linux, and I've set it up with VMware. When I go to boot it, I've tried it in text mode and safe mode, but I just get the message:
This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU.
How can I fix this, or get it to boot?

A. The problem is that you have selected to download it as 64-bit. That's too much for the CPU to handle, so you must download 32-bit, when you're on the Backtrack website. I selected, Gnome, 32-bit, ISO, Direct- as my options. And then when I was setting it up, I used Linux OS, then, Other Linux 2.6.x kernel. This fixed everything.



PS, This is actually Flame Sword on another account. I figured out how to fix it, and I wanted to put the correct answer up here for other people to refer to. Thank you!



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment