Thursday, February 7, 2013

In Linux, how do I set a program to automatically start on boot-up?

Q. I'm running Tiny Core v3.4. I'd like for my Google Chrome to start up automatically on boot-up. I'd like the easiest, and most efficient way possible?

plz&thx

A. I have not used tiny core but some linux distros have a menu item that will let you automatically startup a program when you boot the computer. Some distros also have an option to restart any apps that are open when you shut down your system. If you select that option and leave chrome open when you shut down it will automatically startup on reboot.
Another possibility: in the link below scroll down to point 4. It explains how to startup some items.Add the name used to start chrome (chrome-browser probably) to the file.

How do I remove/uninstall wBar on Tiny Core?
Q. Basically, I've made my own linux distro based around Tiny Core but I can't figure out how to get rid of the wBar (the thing in the photo below that's blue)

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee140/dreadeddoom/ScreenShot.jpg?t=1359230189

This photo is what my desktop looks like at the minute (with the Enlightenment) I need to get rid of the bar with the blue background...

Thanks,

Daniel.

A. Hi

Register and ask here.

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/

What is the lighest(resources"Ram,Cpu" not OS size) linux distro while still having great performance?
Q. I am aiming towards Lubuntu because of being light on resources and fast computing and has a nice interface.
I am open for suggestions about light(resources) linux distro but not in favor of losing performance since performance is my top priority.

A. Lubuntu is good choice. There are even lighter distro like Siltaz, Tiny Core, Puppy, etc You don't need something like that unless you have a system 9 years old or more. I got a regular Ubuntu 10.10 to work nice on a P4 with 512 MB of ram after uninstalling a bunch of unneeded stuff like Compiz and bluetooth.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment