Monday, February 18, 2013

How to test if ram is working on new build?

Q. Hi, I just finished building my new computer and I'm now keen to put an operating system on it. I chose Linux (because it's free) but just after the Linux screen appears freezes, it just goes to the loading screen and stays there. I'm wondering if the ram isn't working. Is it possible to test if my ram is working without an operating system? Like in the bios or something? Please Help, thanks.
No, the ram works so this question is a bit pointless now.

A. Take out all but 1 stick of ram. If that doesn't work, try another stick. If both of those sticks don't work, try ram from your old comp if it works (it should, as it worked in your old comp). Very often 1 stick of ram comes dead

How do I turn my PS3 to its normal state from the Linux Boot up?
Q. I have PS3 60 GB, and I have tried to install Linux. And when I have done, then I restarted my PS3. But when I did that, a black linux boot screen showed up instead of the the normal PS3 system. And when i am in that boot screen, it says that i have to install or just try out the Linux. How do get to the normal PS3 system from there?

A. 1. Turn the PS3 off (into standby).
2. Turn it on by holding the PS3's power button for about 5 seconds until you hear a second beep.
3. The PS3 will boot to the XMB OS and go back to default video settings.

Now that you're back in the PS3's XMB you can format the hard drive and remove linux (and its partition) from the hard drive. Back any PS3 game save files up before you do so, because they will all be deleted as well.

How can I change the size of my Ubuntu Linux screen to fit my laptop monitor?
Q. My Ubuntu screen is too small and I don't know how to change the screen size to fit the monitor.

A. System -> Administration -> Monitor



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment