Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How to set the Ubuntu Linux screen resolution?

Q. How do you actually set the screen resolution?

My screen is too big at the moment and i don't know how to set it.

Thanks

A. system; preferences; screen resolution

How to stop my ubuntu linux screen stop flashing while playing Frets of Fire?
Q. I'm using feisty fawn. It does that whether I'm in full screen mode or not.. I played with the video settings, and it does the same thing.. on every part of the game.

A. As good as Ubuntu 7.04 is its starting to get a bit long in the tooth now, besides support sadly ends at the end of October. I recommend you upgrade to Ubuntu 7.10 http://releases.ubuntu.com/7.10/ (My prefence) with which you can carry out a rolling upgrade via the Update Manager without the need for a reinstallation http://www.ubuntugeek.com/upgrade-ubuntu-704-feisty-fawn-to-ubuntu-710-gutsy-gibbon.html or you could upgrade to Ubuntu 8.04.1 http://releases.ubuntu.com/hardy/ however this would require a fresh installation. Either option I am almost certain would be a solution to the problem.

LUg.

What are the different features from WINDOWS and LINUX when connecting a MP3 Player?.?
Q. I need the different features and display settings when opening LINUX.

If u can screen shot?

A. I recommend trying LinuxMINT or ZorinOS. These Linux distributions have all of the multimedia codecs pre-installed. When connecting an mp3 player in Linux, it will immediately recognise your device and allow you to transfer your files, much the same as you would transfer files to a flash disk. If you are new to Linux, I have several informative videos on Youtube. You can download the distro, burn it to disk and run it without installing to your hard drive. Check out linuxspatry.blogspot.com I hope this helps!

-Spatry



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment