Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How to make Minecraft run faster on LinuxIUbuntu?

Q. I have the latest version of Minecraft and a Linux Ubuntu computer with 3.7GB of RAM and a 2.4ghz processor. When I had Windows 7 on my same computer everything ran fine but now I'm running at 1-2 fps on tiny with minimal setting. Any ideas what I should do?

A. I get much better performance on linux that Windows. Your problem is probably a video driver problem, or the lack thereof. If you are using a vesa or other generic driver, minecraft will not perform well.

How to add Commands on Minecraft server?
Q. I just made a Minecraft server via linux, can somebody walk me through step by step how to add commands? Also, how to whitelist and black list, also, how to create user groups? Thanks!

A. You need to give a little bit more detail, we need to know if you are using Craftbukkit, or just a regular server, as installing mods that give commands on Craftbukkit servers is WAAY easier, since you just add the jar file into a plugins folder, but on a regular server, each mod's installation varies and it can be complicated.

For white listing, go to the server properties file, then set whitelist to 'true' and then go to the whitelist file and add the usernames of those on the whitlist. A blacklist is not needed as anyone not on the whitelist will not be able to get in, or you can just use the /ban or /banip command that comes as standard.

How do I install bukkit on my minecraft server for linux ubuntu?
Q. I own a complete character based linux server that I want to become bukkit. How do I set it up so that I can make it a bukkit server?

A. You download the bukkit server jar file, you plop it into your minecraft server directory, and you execute it.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment