Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How do you boot to linux on windows?

Q. Is there a program that allows you to create a virtual desktop, to access the ext3 linux OS? I know there's vmware to do the opposite on linux, and wine.

A. To use Linux within Windows I would recommend installing VirtualBox http://www.virtualbox.org/ it creates a virtual machine within your PC. Its a great piece of software being versatile and easy to use. I work with it all the time for testing various Linux distros.

LUg.

How to download MSN instant messenger on to Ubuntu?
Q. I just got ubuntu and i am having problems downloading programs onto my computer. Does anyone know how to download MSN messenger onto ubuntu? i have heard about using linux wine to do it but i dont know how to do that. please help!!! (be specific with answers if u can)

A. Pidgin is Ubuntu's default instant messaging (IM) client. It works for a wide range of protocols, including MSN Messenger, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, Jabber, IRC, IRQ and Gadu-Gadu
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Pidgin


LUg.

How do I use Wine to play/install Windows games on Linux?
Q. I am having a difficult time in trying to figure this out. I really want to play some of my Windows games on Linux. I know there are some ways to do it, I just don't know what they are or how to do it. How do I play/install Windows games on Linux using Wine? Are there easier, less complicated methods to do this?

A. option 1: dual boot windows and Linux
option 2: use wine. you can probably find a tutorial on how to use wine. just search how to use wine on Linux. However not all games are compatible with wine so you'll have to Google specific games to see their compatibility. for example if you want to play Splinter cell 3 on Linux with wine you could Google "is splinter cell 3 compatible with wine" or "splinter cell 3 on Linux"



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment