Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How do i turn an ISO into a disk that will boot on CPU start up/ Should I use linux????

Q. Ok i have two questions so far, This will help end the struggle you guys and girls have been helping me with thus far. I got an ISO of WIN XP Home. I have 2 cd keys from old CPU's. I know itll work cuz i just tryed it on my wifes. My first question is how the hell to i make this ISO into a actual DVD? So that when i restart i can choose to boot from the ISO (dvd) and reinstall WIN XP.

Now for Linux, Two games that consume my life are BattleFeild And Fable. I need a Music program and I use wireless internet. I have been told that Linux is free. Its just a Pain to install. However, Vista was a pain to install and its a pain to use. So i guess my question is Will i be able to run these games on a linux system? If so which one? And how many people actually (not just saying it without experiance) recomend Linux system?

A. Ok, I can answer your first question, but not the second. First, you need an ISO handling program (personally I prefer PowerISO, although there are others) that is capable of burning CD's/DVD's. Then, it is simply a matter of going into that programs tools menu, and clicking on "Burn image to CD/DVD" or something like that. All you have to do then is to find the ISO file and select it. You then need to insert it inot your PRIMARY CD/DVD drive, and make sure that your BIOS is set to boot from CD before the hard drive.

Hope that helps.

Is there an alternative to Windows for a gaming PC?
Q. Can Linux play games OK? I'm anti-windows/mac and want to learn more.

A. Linux can play *some* games, using a program called WINE, and another called Cedega.

The compatibility lists are here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/
http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/

Some games (One's that use OpenGL and Direct3D rendering methods as opposed to DirectX, such as Unreal Tournament and Quake 3) are linux ready straight out of the box.

What was the linux distro that specialized in gaming/geared towards gamers?
Q. I cannot remember what the distro was called, i read about on digg during the past year but cannot find anything about it. If someone knows of the linux distro for gaming please tell me, otherwise just list the distros which best support gaming. One of my friends asked about it and I said I'd find it for him.

A. You might be thinking of Games Knoppix, which is a variant of Knoppix. Here's a URL if you want to check:
http://www.games-knoppix.org/

Otherwise, I'd recommend you simply install one of the Debian Linux distros, such as Knoppix or Ubuntu and then just look on the Debian web site for the lists of packages and look under games. You could then install the ones you wanted to look at. Good luck.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment