Friday, February 1, 2013

How do I rescan for wireless connections when I've recently deleted them - Linux operating system?

Q. I recently purchased an Acer Netbook with Linpus Linux operating system. I stupidly deleted all of the wireless connections it found so that I wouldn't be inadvertently 'piggy backing'. However, I seem to have deleted even my own and it won't even scan for anything now, though I am following the correct procedures for it to do a re-scan. What have I done? Thank you for any guidance here!

A. Does Linpus have a package manager called synaptic? If it does you can probably reinstall what you have removed. I am not familiar with Linpus Linux.

How would you authenticate a yahoo messenger account in the Empathy IM Client, on Linux operating system?
Q. I have Linux operating system. And I cannot authenicate my email with the IM that is supported on the system

A. http://live.gnome.org/Empathy/FAQ#How_can_I_connect_to_.28a_protocol.29_in_Empathy_.3F

install telepathy-haze

How do i install linux operating system on my laptop?
Q. Can someone talk me through the process to download and install linux operating system, i know that i would like to switch to that operating system, but i dont know which package i should get, or what type of installation to download and how to install???

thanks for the help.

A. Download the Linux installer CD or DVD image file. Next, burn the image to a disc - this is not the same thing as just copying it onto a disc. If you have Windows Vista or 7 then right click the file and choose 'open with Windows disc image burner' from the menu. With Windows 8 choose 'burn image to disc' from the menu. If you have XP then you'll need to use software such as Isoburn to create the disc: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Next, boot the laptop from the CD or DVD and then follow the instructions that it presents you with. If you're unfamiliar with Linux you should probably use Ubuntu as it's the easiest to use.

If you're uncomfortable with this procedure then Ubuntu have a utility to automatically download and install it alongside Windows, you can do this from within Windows by following this link: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/windows-installer . This method also provides an easy way to remove it again.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment