Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?

Q. How do I network a Suse installed machine with other computers, specifically Red hat Linux?
This is for a school project, and I can't find any pages that tell how to network a Suse to other computers except how to use a printer.

A. Probably because of the fact that all Linux flavors share one thing in common. They were designed to network out of the box so to speak. Windows and Mac both did this as an afterthought. There isn't a version of Linux that can't network. By default the OS install for SUSE should install networking and enable it. You should not have to intervene in the process.

Where to learn Red Hat Linux In Mumbai?
Q. Hello everyone I'm planning to learn Red hat Linux. I reside in Navi Mumbai ( near thane), can anybody suggest me a good place to learn Linux so that my money doesn't go in vain. Also I have a doubt I know little bit of java would it be helpful while learning.

A. Hello,

Some people devote their whole lives to a technology like Red Hat. What you need to learn really depends on what you already know. You may need a starter or intermediate guide to Linux. You then may need to learn how to become efficient with Linux. Using tools such as awk and grep for example. A great place to start is here:

http://www.softlookup.com/tutorial/redhat/index.asp

You can go over the beginning and see how much you need to review before getting into RedHat.

Good Luck!

Sean Colicchio
Server Engineer
Host My Site
http://www.hostmysite.com/?utm_source=bb

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?
Q. I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S?
Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features).
Is there any such file system in Linux?
Which file system should i use?

A. Put the CD in the drive, restart the computer and follow the directions. Take the defaults - they're the best choices for a beginner.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment