Saturday, February 2, 2013

How Do I Get Music On My Ipod On A Linux Laptop?

Q. I Need to get music on my ipod but i have a linux laptop, will itunes work or is ther another one i could use

A. You could try running iTunes through Wine, OR you could get software like Yamipod to do it.

It may require setting your iPod up as a flash drive beforehand though.

How do I convert my musical technology on my laptop into hardware?
Q. I have a linux laptop with synthesizers, loopers, etc. The laptop is a pain in the ass and 70% of the time I spend with it is troubleshooting. I was wondering if anybody has or had a setup with a looper, synthesiser, and drum machine that is all hardware. I also need to know where to find these. I am also not quite sure about something else: Would a midi keyboard work with a hardware synthesiser and looper. Much appreciation if this question is answered.

A. There are several stand-alone sequencers like the Yamaha QY series. Also, several beat boxes like Korg's Electribe series will output midi data which allows them to be used as both a source of sounds and a sequencer for other drum machines.

I too do not like using laptops live (although I have.) Too many thing to go wrong. If you do end up using a laptop, keep it simple with only a midi sequencer running (like Cakewalk, Cubase, Sonar, etc.) Once you get softsynths running, you're maximizing CPU and memeory resources and running the risk of a crash.

As far as loopers, there are several stand-alone models like the Boss LoopStation. Synthesizer workstation like the Roland Fantom or Yamaha Motif will also play loops, although those types of keyboards are very expensive.

Good Luck!

how can i install itunes on my linux laptop?
Q. i have a linux laptop and i want to put itunes on it i have tried downloading it but when ever i click on it the internet comes up with lots of taps any help?

A. Take a look at these open source options

Rhythmbox
http://projects.gnome.org/rhythmbox/

gtkpod (good for syncing)
http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

Songbird
http://www.getsongbird.com/

aTunes
http://www.atunes.org/


LUg.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment