Thursday, February 14, 2013

How do I connect to my Linux computer?

Q. I want to be able to use some remote console to connect to my Linux terminal and send commands, what kind of server do I need? Is there a client for Windows?
I downloaded PuTTy but what server do I need? Midnight Commander is just a file manager, I need full access to my terminal.
Ok, I found telnetd. Thanks all !

A. if you just want to access a terminal session then configure SSH and use PuTTY to connect. If you want full control of your Linux desktop, then use VNC (comes in both Server and Client components and is cross platform - so yes, it does support Windows as a client)

How do i get color back into my linux terminal?
Q. I recently changed the color of my linux terminal from the standard black text and white background to a black background and light blue text. When the default colors were used directories and certain file types would show up in different colors, but when i changed the scheme it took away the colors. is there any way to get them back with a command or setting? Thanks in advance.

A. You will want to set the environment variable LS_COLORS in your .bash_profile or .bashrc file.

Check out the following web site that explains the variable and all of its parameters:

In Ubuntu Linux what is the Terminal command to close a window?
Q. I have an application that opens at launch to allow me to use my Gamepad to control the mouse and arrow keys. This application also opens a window so I would like a terminal command that I can program to close the window at startup. Thank you.

A. Your question is worded a bit oddly but I think you're looking for System > Preferences > Startup Applications

=) hope that helps!



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment