Friday, February 8, 2013

How do I clone my Operating System for use on another machine?

Q. I have 2 laptops. One runs Windows 7. The other runs linux.

I also have a 2TB USB hard drive.

Both laptops are legally owned. So is Windows 7 (from the one laptop).



How do I "clone" Windows 7 and put it on the linux laptop?

A. You wouldn't. The first thing that would happen would be the windows genuine warning. Secondly, the hardware isn't the same which would only compound your problems.

Can i use my linux laptop as a router to hook my XBOX 360 to XBOX live?
Q. I have a linux laptop connected to the internet through a wireless router i have 3.0 mb/s broadband and i want to know if i can hook an ethernet cable from the ethernet port on my laptop to my XBOX 360 to get on XBOX live Can i do this

A. Probably not, but not because Linux won't do it.

The real problem is that most laptops with both wifi and a hardwired ethernet port will only allow one to work at a time.

As soon as you connect the ethernet cable, the wifi shuts off.

You might be able to do it by using a USB to ethernet adapter to get an ethernet port that will stay live.

A much better and much more useful approach is to find a version 1 through 4 Linksys WRT54G router and install the tomato firmware on it.

If you keep your eyes open, you can frequently find these routers for five to fifteen dollars.

This approach also gives you three extra ethernet ports at the location of the modified router.

Why doesn't my Linux Acer Aspire One laptop automatically recognize my phone connection via USB?
Q. In a normal computer, when I connect my phone (Nokia Xpress Music) via a USB cable, it automatically comes up, asking me if I want to play music, browse photos etc.

However when I connect my phone to my Linux laptop, nothing happens. And I cant find the connection anywhere on the system. Its as though I haven't plugged the phone in at all!!

Please can someone help. I'm wanting to upload photos onto my laptop.
Thanks

A. probably because the phones are designed to work with Windows, you have the Linux version of the AA1 which is a completely different operating system.

All you need is a driver, and because Nokia can't be bothered to write them for Linux, the Open Source community are doing it themselves.

Ask at the link for the driver you require, they should be able to point you in the right direction, But Linpus is a new version of Linux, so the drivers may not have been written yet.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment