Sunday, February 10, 2013

How different is a Linux network compared to a Unix network?

Q. How different is a Linux network compared to a Unix network? I understand a Unix network has mainframes, etc.

What are the things a Unix network has but a Linux network does not have and can never have?

A. Uhm... nooo.... Unix networking has about zero to do with mainframes.

Actually, Unix networking and Linux networking are pretty darned close with little or no exceptions.

Where are you getting your information from? Where ever it is, its bad information. Don't go there any more.

Which is the smallest Unix operating system and how do I download it?
Q. I just want to practice Unix commands and start learning shell scripting and what is kernel. Cold you tell me the earliest and/or the smallest version of Unix, I Don't need Graphical User interface for the time being. I need the Unix to be the smallest to be practiced in with smallest space required for RAM and Hard disk.
Thanks Martino I will try that but could you tell me any version of Unix that is of the size about 2 MB like MS Dos.

A. You could try Minix 2.0, which is available in floppy disk images for 8088 or 80386, or Cygwin, which is a Unix-like shell environment for Windows.

What is a good and free tutorial on using Unix covering the basics as well as some more advanced features?
Q. I would like the tutorial to be comprehensive and help me build a better foundation when working in a Unix terminal. I currently use a unix shell quite frequently and know basic commands but would like to expand my knowledge of using the terminal.

Include any cool tips or tricks you know.
Thank you. This is very useful.

A. http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/unixintro.html

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/

http://snap.nlc.dcccd.edu/learn/idaho/unixindex.html

i would start with the first, link this is the intro and then you can move onto the other 2 links and this will give you all the guide.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment