Saturday, February 2, 2013

Can you use PHP and Mysql with a Linux Live CD?

Q. If you come back to Windows will all your PHP & Mysql settings gone? Do you have to reinstall everything again if you decide to use a second time the Linux Live CD?? I don't want to install Linux permanently o0n my sustem but I would like to work with the Lice CD without losing my work & setings. Is it possible?

A. Linux LiveCD's are run within the RAM of your PC so you cannot save you settings between LIVE sessions.

One possibility is having Ubuntu installed on a USB Pendrive


Ubuntu Live USB Pendrive Persistent
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent

LUg.

How to make a live bootable usb?
Q. I want to make a bootable live usb for both linux(ubuntu) and windows 7...how to do it??please help....

A. The Linux one is easy.  Just download and run PendriveLinux with your favourite distro .iso.  Select it from the dropdown list when you run it.  http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/  If you make a Persistent file, then it will save changes you make to the installation on the USB drive.  I have a really nice Pinguy installation on a USB stick.

Windows 7 is a bit trickier, in that Windows doesn't allow you to do that sort of thing.  I doubt that it's possible.
 

Is thumb-drive-based Fedora slower than said operating system installed to a hard disk?
Q. I've finally convinced my father to let me install a Linux distribution.
The only catch? It has to be on my USB drive. So, I'm going to install Fedora Live USB.

Will there be any differences in speed compared to hard-drive located Fedora? I don't want to have a bad impression of the operating system.

A. A RAM-based drive (which is a thumb drive) is actually faster than a hard drive, which is why Vista allows you to use one as a disk cache - to speed up disk access.

The difference will be speed - you'll gain it. (But a thumb drive has a limited number of writes, which is why that's only a temporary solution. You'll kill the thumb drive in a year, or a few years. An SD card may be a lot cheaper for the same size - if your computer has a card reader.)



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment