Friday, February 8, 2013

Are there any free programs to unzip compressed files?

Q. I used win zip for the free trial and it worked well, I liked it. But now my free trial is over and I'm without a program to unzip compressed files. Normally this isn't a big deal, but I need to download GIMP brushes or fonts to do photo manipulations. Anyone know of a good program to use for this purpose? It needs to be free all the time. I could use a free trial again for now but I'd really like to have a "free all the time" program for this. Thanks!

A. 7Zip is free always. But it only works on Microsoft's Winduhs, if I recall correctly.

If you are running Linux, gzip is already present. Plus, the file managers already know how to zip and unzip, so no addons are required.

How can I open a zip file on a Linux OS?
Q. I reaceently installed the LInux Fedora OS in my PC and now the sound is not working, does anybody know what can I used and or do to open a zip file?
Thanks in advance

A. There is a program called zip or unzip. Do a yum install zip or yum search zip from the command line (as root) then unzip the file using that.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-can-i-zipping-and-unzipping-files-under-linux.html

How to run a makefile in windows?
Q. I know at school we run it on linux but i have windows on my laptop and im using visual studios 2010 for C++ (express) - can someone please explain what i need to download/do to run makefiles?

A. I don't believe that Visual Studio has any facility for handling a "makefile".

What you can do is download the MinGW C++ compiler.

http://www.mingw.org

Unzip the download into a known location, such as "C:\mingw" on XP, or
"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MinGW" on Windows 7.

Calling that {mingw} to represent whichever case you have:

Set your PATH to include {mingw}\bin and {mingw}\msys\1.0\bin.

The MinGW package includes not only a C++ compiler, but a Bash shell script, awk, sed, grep, and a slew of other UNIX commands that will run on the Windows machine. For your interest, it happens to also include the "make" command, which will process your "makefile".

It might end up running the MinGW compiler against your C++ code, when you might have wanted it to use the Visual Studio compiler, but you can cross that bridge when you come to it.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment